Tuesday, October 13, 2009

EIGHT !!!!????!!!!!

Lela's and Amelia's Birthday was on the 30th.
My babies are Eight !!

They got the traditional "Eight Years Ago Today" story about how Amelia was calm and content on the bottom and Lela was uncomfortable and cranky on the top. Amelia never moved and Lela never stopped kicking me in the ribs.

And when the doctor took them out Amelia just looked around (she never cried and I was mid-c-section and couldn't see her, so I panicked a little and thought she was dead until they showed her to me and she was just contentedly looking around.)

And when the doctor took Lela out she SCREAMED and was mad.

Amelia is still very calm and Lela is still quick to emotions.

When I was eight my Mom made me an 8 cake and I thought that was the coolest cake ever, so I've made one for each of my kids.

Ella, Amelia and Lela helped with theirs. They made many flowers out of flavored tootsie rolls to decorate the cake.



Ella eating one of the imperfect ones and Lela eating a bug.


Amelia and Lela. My half-grown girls.
WAAAAHHH!

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

That cake looks huge, and delicious! Good idea with the candy flowers!!